Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2021

I should be able to go to bed later (writing week 5)

 Well normally I go to bed at 7:30 on school night but my brother stays up later how unfair! 

Just because he’s two years older than me doesn't mean anything. Us kids should stay up later.


Parents say that “when you get older you can stay up later”But why not now what do you do after diner do you read and then go to bed I do, not my brother he has diner watches half a movie and then read and then he finally sleeps at 8:30 pm thats an hour later than me!I only get 5 mins of reading my book I only get to about half a chapter of it I think my brother would read the whole book in his time 

(not to mention he's a  fast reader).


If me and my brother go to sleep at the same time he wouldn't make all that racket he sounds like he’s had a heart attack and I have to put my pillow over my head but if we went to bed at the same time I could get to sleep peacefully and there wouldn't be any racket.


If it’s the weekend I can stay up till 8:30 but on weekdays that's not the cause I mean 7:30 is it only me or is that super-duper early for a almost nine year old girl I should be going to sleep at least 8:00 right.So I say mum,dad can I go to sleep 8:30 like my brother.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy
    What a great piece of persuasive writing, I can understand you don't like your brother going to bed later than you,I felt the same with older brother when I was growing up. Can you think of any other ideas why you should be aloud to stay up late? Maybe you could say to your mum and dad that you think you should all have family time till 8 o'clock !!!! so you can all spend more together.
    Keep up the great work.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post